Publication of Md. Abdul Malak (on study leave to Australia)
Article on process
1. Dey, H., Quader, M.A., Malak, M.A., Sajib, A.M., (Manuscript in preparation): Impact of Rohingya Refugee resettlement on the physiography in Ukhiya sub-district, Cox’s Bazar District, Bangladesh.
2. Siddika, S.S., Malak, M.A., and Siddik, M. A., (Manuscript in preparation): Women in cyclone Aila: an evident from coastal Bangladesh.
3. Malak, M.A., Sajib, A.M., Quader, M.A., Anjum, H., “We are feeling older than our age”: vulnerability and adaptive strategies of aging people to cyclones in coastal Bangladesh. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, Elsevier, ISSN:2212-4209 (Paper submitted)
4. Malak, M.A., Prema, S. F., and Sajib, A. M., “Waste picking is my incidental livelihood choice": livelihood capital of independent waste pickers (Tokai) in Dhaka City, Contemporary South Asia, Taylor & Francis, Print ISSN: 0958-4935 and Online ISSN: 1469-364X. (Under review)
5. Islam, M. R., Malak, M.A., and Quader, M. A., 2019: Livelihood vulnerability of char land people in Brahmaputra-Jamuna River system, Jagannath University Journal of Life and Earth Science, (A journal of faculty of life and earth science, Jagannath University) Vol. 03, Nos 1& 2. (paper accepted)
6. Siddik, M. A., Moniruzzaman, M., and Malak, M.A., 2018: Role of Private Sector in Post Cyclone Rehabilitation and Restoration in Bangladesh, Eastern Geographer (Journal of the Eastern Geographical Society), Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India, special issue (Society and Sustainability: An Interdisciplinary Approach), Vol. XXIV, No.-01, ISSN 0973-7642, pp 01-08.
7. Ullah, H., Islam, M N., and Malak, M.A., 2014: Charland Dynamics of the Bramhaputra-Jamuna River of Bangladesh, Social Science Review, Faculty of Social Sciences, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh, Part 2, Vol. XXXIV/2010, ISSN 1682-7422.pp 165-182
8. Islam, M.N., Malak, M.A., and Islam, M.N., 2013: Community-based Disaster Risk and Vulnerability Models of a Coastal Municipality in Bangladesh, Natural Hazards, Springer Publication, ISSN Print: 0921-030X, ISSN Online: 1573-0840. Vol. 69, Issues 3, pp 2083-2103.
9. Malak, M.A., Islam, M.N., Islam, M.N., 2012: Population Growth and Food Supply in Northern Bangladesh, the Journal of Bangladesh National Geographical Association, Vol. 38, Nos 1&2/2010. ISSN 1811-6266, pp 39-58.
10. Malak, M. A. and Salim, A.A. 2012: Quaternary Landform Change and Background of Human Settlement in Bengal Basin: A Geo-archaeological Explanation, Jahangirnagar University Vugol o Poribesh Somikhon (A Journal of Geography) Department of Geography and Environment, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh Vol. 30 / 2011. ISSN 1027-8567 pp 113-134.
11. Islam, M. N., Malak, M. A. 2011: An Application of DPSIR Model for Assessing the Environmental Change of Turag River Basin, Bhugal Patrika (A Journal of Geography), Department of Geography and Environment, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh Vol. 29 / 2010. ISSN 1027-8567 pp 77-93.
12. Islam, M. N., Malak, M. A., Pivetau, S. 2009 : A Comparison Between Dhaka and Paris Air Pollution from Urban Traffic: Some Policy Implications, The Jahangirnagar Review, Faculty of Social Sciences, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh, Part 2, Vol. XXXII/2008, ISSN 1682-7422, pp 311-318.
Completed Thesis Supervision at Graduate Level
1. Assessing Disaster Vulnerability and Resilience of Drinking Water Sources of Coastal Bangladesh
2. Application of Livelihood Vulnerability Index to Assess Risk due to Climate Change: A Case Study on Uttar and Dakshin Sreepur Union of Tahirpr Upazila
Completed Research Supervision at Undergrade and Graduate Level
1. Riverbank Erosion-Induced Migration: A Case Study of Burhanuddin Upazila, Bhola, Bangladesh
2. Community Based Disaster Resilience: A Study on Char Manika, Bhola
4. Waste Pickers’ Contribution in Informal Economic Sector: A Case Study on Dhaka city in Bangladesh.
6. Assessing the Livelihood Vulnerability of Char People: A Case on Char Gabsara of Tangail District
7. Assessing the Cyclone-induced Vulnerability of Aging People: A Case Study on Gabura Union of Satkhira District, Bangladesh
8. Assessing the Cyclone-induced Vulnerability of Women: A Case Study on Gabura Union of Shyamnagar Upazila, Bangladesh
9. Assessing the Cyclone-induced Vulnerability of Adolescent Girls: A Case Study on Gabura Union of Shymnagar Upazila, Bangladesh
10. Assessing the Impact of Community Clinic on Rural Health: A Study on Gabura Union of Satkhira District, Bangladesh
11. Water and Sanitation Status of Char People: A Case Study on Char Gabsara of Tangail District, Bangladesh
12. Integrated Environmental Assessment of Ecosystem Using DPSIR Framework: A Case Study on Arial Beel of Bangladesh
13. Assessing the livelihood sustainability of Waste pickers of Dhaka South City Corporation