Award of Dr. Md. Rafiqul Islam
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship (Nov. 2013-Nov. 2015) for foreign researchers awarded by the ‘Japan Society for the Promotion of Science’ for conducting research at National Institute for Physiological Sciences (NIPS), Okazaki, Japan. JSPS Fellowship is one of the most prestigious and competitive one offered by the Japanese Government for the foreign nationals.
- 21st Century COE (Centre of Excellence) and GCOE Research Assistant Fellowship (June’2006-March’2007 and August’2007-March’2009 respectively) while conducting doctoral program in the Graduate School of Life Science, Univ. of Hyogo, Hyogo, Japan.
- Received Travel Award to attend and present a poster in “Gordon Research Conferences (GRC), Photosynthesis (Main and Graduate Research Seminar). June 21-27, 2008, Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, Massachusetts, USA.
- Received Travel Grant from University of Hyogo, Japan to attend and present a poster in ‘14th International Congress of Photosynthesis’, July’2007, Glasgow, UK.
- “Monbukagakusho” Scholarship from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Japan during MS and PhD program (Oct. 2004-March’2009) at University of Hyogo, Hyogo, Japan.
- National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship from the Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh during M. Phil. program (1999-2002) at University of Dhaka.
- National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship from the Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh during M. Sc. Program (1996-1997) at University of Dhaka.
- “Dhaka University Merit Scholarship” (‘A’ grade) during M. Sc. Program (1996-1997) in Bangladesh.
- Rajshahi “Education Board Scholarship” during B. Sc. (Honors) program (1990-1994) at University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.