Department of Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology
In recent years, human knowledge has achieved unprecedented growth in the field of biological sciences. Study of organisms at cellular and molecular level has provided techniques for manipulation of genetic material. It allows humans to alter an organism's characteristics in a particular way. Modern biotechnology employs these techniques of Genetic Engineering for meeting the challenges of the 21st century and making our lives better. With the help of genetic engineering, biotechnology has the potential to bring unparalleled advancements in industry, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, agriculture, fuel and waste management. In short, it is a vital field of applied science for ensuring a sustainable future.
Department of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology of Jagannath University wants to be an excellent educational and research-based institute, recognized at both national and international level, by provding state-of-art knowledge in the field of biological/life sciences.
Mission & Objectives
The mission of this Department is to develop skilled manpower in the field of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering by providing both practical and theoretical knowledge. Department believes such skilled personnel will help our country as well as the world to meet the challenges of the twenty first century.
To achieve this, the department sticks to the following objectives:
- Designing a well-defined and updated curriculum that covers various branches of biotechnology including agriculture, healthcare, industry and environment.
- Never compromising in timely completion of academic activities.
- Ensuring a good and effective learning environment so that students not only acquire knowledge but also develop skills and competence making them well-equipped for wide range of career jobs
- Establishing sophisticated state-of-the-art research facilities to perform research in sustainable and cutting-age areas of biotechnology
- Helping each student become technically competent by providing hands on training in research
- Promoting meaningful collaboration with academia, industry and research organization across the globe.
- Encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship among students by imparting knowledge about bringing technologies from laboratory bench to industry.
GEB, JnU - UGC Seminar 2022 Brochure
National Seminar on Biotechnology for Sustainable Development Goals 2022
Result Publication Dates for the 1st Semester Examination' 2020 ( 4th year, 3rd year, 2nd year, 1st year)
Webinar on Improvement of Mental Health during the COVID-19 times
"How to Cite through Mendeley"- workshop organized by Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Club, JnU
International Book Project Award Achievement
Executive Committee formation of GEB Club 2020-21
Workshop on Curriculum & Self Assessment: Virtual event organized for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology department by IQAC, Jagannath University
Inauguration Program of Laboratories of the Department of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Jagannath University.
Equipment Takeover Program from Ispahani Tea Limited to Department of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Jagannath University.
Attended National Biotechnology Fair 2018 and 20119
Microsoft Office Suit Workshop Organized by GEB Club
Seminar on Laboratory Ventillation Equipment by ESCO limited
Workshop on Bioinformatics attended by the stuents of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology department by National Institute of Biotechnology, Savar, Dhaka