Jagannath University Journal of Life and Earth Sciences
Call for Manuscripts:
Volume-7 (No 1 and 2), 2021
Please send a Soft copy through email
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
The Jagannath University Journal of Life and Earth Sciences (JnUJL&ES) is an official journal of the Faculty of Life and Earth Sciences of Jagannath University. The aim of the journal is to publish articles based on original empirical and innovative research work in different areas of science. The final goals of the journal are to develop, promote, and explore scientific invention/discovery. It invites authors from all over the world. It is committed to maintaining international standards, quality, and provisions. Three types of the article could be submitted:
a) Full article
b) Review article
c) Short communication
Manuscript Preparation for Full Article
The manuscript must be written in English and typed by Times New Roman 12-points with double space on good quality and (A4) size bond paper and sufficient margins (left and top 3.8cm, right, and bottom 2.5cm). All the headings and subheadings will remain bold 14-points and 12-points, respectively. It should be submitted to the Chief Editor at the Faculty address and a soft copy through email. The board of editors deserves the final right to accept or reject any paper submitted after review. The manuscript of a full paper should be limited to ten typed pages including tables, figures, graphs, references, etc. At least 2 sets of hard copies (including one original) along with a soft copy must be sent. The manuscript should contain conventionally the following sub-titles in sequence: Title, Abstract, Keywords, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgement (if any), and References. In case of ‘Short Communication’ no subtitles are necessary.
1. Title: The title of the article should be brief, specific, and representative with a full capital letter, bold, and 14-points. The manuscript will have a separate title page giving the name of the article, author(s) name, affiliations, and a running head. The second page should carry again the title of the article with abstract to be followed by the introduction and others according to sequence but without the author’s name.
2. Abstract: The abstract should not exceed 200 words which include only the gist of the paper giving very condensed details.
3. Keywords: It should be 5-7 words typed as italic.
4. Introduction: It should be concise with the hypothesis and design, and also precisely relevant to the study.
5. Materials and Methods: This section will describe the special/standard methods that should be cited only as references and should not be described except if any modification has been made or a new setup has been described, which should be stated.
6. Results and Discussion: This section will include results obtained, figures, tables/graphs, and photograph. If the result is given in the body of the text table/graph is not necessary and vice-versa. Where the table is given no graph is needed and vice-versa. It then follows a conventional discussion.
7. Tables, Graphs, and Figures: The paper should contain a minimum number of tables, graphs, and figures. The graphs and figures should be drawn in indelible ink on tracing papers and that properly be labeled. The figures and graphs should be properly drawn with bold, soil lines so that these could be reduced up to half or less of the original. The photographs should be submitted on glossy papers. Legends of the graphs and figures should be typed and given separately at the end of the text.
8. Conclusion: This section will include the whole research story from the starting to the end in the Summarized form.
9. Acknowledgement: The Acknowledgements of the person, funding, grants, institute, etc should be cited in brief.
10. Reference: In the text, references should be cited within first brackets quoting the author’s surname and the year of publication in the appropriate place e.g. (Bhuiyan 1964), (Khaleque et al., 1970). References should be arranged alphabetically according to the author’s surname at the end of the paper. The name of the journal and the name of the publisher of the book should be in italic giving edition, year of publication. Examples are given below:
Islam, M.S., Sattar, M.R. and Rahman, M.M. (2001). Psychophysical Health in Relation with the Environmental Noises. Journal of Acoustical Society of America, 2(1): 250-260.
Sultan, M.S. (1991). Insect Pests of Tropical Food legumes. John Willey and Sons. New York, 485.
For Review Article
Submission of reviews and perspectives covering topics of current interest are welcome and encouraged. Reviews should be concise and no longer than 8-10 printed pages (double space).
For Short Communications
Short communication is suitable for recording the results of complete small investigations or giving details of new models, innovative methods, techniques, or apparatus. The style of the main sections need not conform to that of full-length papers. It is 2 to 4 printed pages in length.
The corresponding author of each paper is entitled to get 10 off-prints free of cost.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, or thesis) that is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.