Professional Exprience of Shayer Mahmood Ibney Alam
1. Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology, Jagannath University, Dhaka, Bangladesh (Since December 01, 2013 till present; currently on study leave)
- Project Leader, Population, habitat status and conservation of three globally threatened wader species (Spoon-billed Sandpiper Calidris pygmaea, Nordmann’s Greenshank Tringa guttifer and Great Knot Calidris tenuirostris) along the coast of Bangladesh with special emphasis on Meghna Estuary Project, October 2015 to July 2016.
- Principal Investigator, Status of water bird species in St. Martin’s Island, Cox’s Bazar, February 2016 to July 2016.
- External Expert (Fauna), Habitat Management Plan and Conservation Action for the Critically Endangered Spoon-billed Sandpiper at its Wintering Ground at Sonadia Island, Bangladesh Project, September 2014 to July 2016.
- Member, Redlist Assessor Group-Mammal (RAG-Mammal), Updating Species Redlist of Bangladesh Project, IUCN Bangladesh, March 2014 to July 2016.
- Co-researcher, Ecological and Socio-economical Aspects of Human-Langur Conflict (HLC) and Mitigation Measures in Keshabpur and Manirampur, Jessore Project, June 2013 to May 2015.
2. Lecturer, Department of Zoology, Jagannath University, Dhaka, Bangladesh (Since March 01, 2012 to November 30, 2013)
- Principal Investigator, Biodiversity Assessment at Birulia Union under Savar Uapzila of Dhaka District, December 2012 to January 2013
- Research Associate, Captive rearing and breeding of Red Jungle fowl Gallus gallus (a biologically and economically important poultry species in Bangladesh) for commercial viability testing and creating scope of reintroduction Project, March to June 2012
3. Research and Monitoring Officer, Center for Natural Resource Studies (CNRS), Bangladesh (September 2011 to February 2012).
4. Assistant Programme Officer, Species Conservation and Protected Areas (SCPA) unit, IUCN Bangladesh Country Office (July 2006 to August 2008)
- Focal point of the project ‘Action Research for Conservation of Asian Elephants in Bangladesh Phase III’ from March 2007 to August 2008
- Focal point of the project ‘Reducing the Risk of Avian Influenza in Bangladesh through Conserving Migratory Waterbirds’ from November 2007 to February 2008.
5. Communication Officer (special assignment), ‘Stakeholder Consultation and Community Sensitization on Environment and Social Aspects of the Phulbari Coal Project’ implemented by IUCN Bangladesh Country Office from September 2005 to August 2006
6. Research Associate, Species Conservation and Protected Areas (SCPA) unit, IUCN Bangladesh Country Office (April 2005 to June 2006). Worked under the project 'Action Research for Conservation of Asian Elephants in Bangladesh Phase II’
7. Research Assistant of IUCN Bangladesh Country Office for the project ‘Conservation Monitoring of Sundarban Biodiversity’ (June - October 2002)