Publication of Dr.Farhana Zaman
1. Zaman, F.(2021). The role of popular discourse about climate change in disaster preparedness: A critical discourse analysis, Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 60 (2021), 102270. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212420921002363
2. Mahmud, A., Zaman, F.,and Islam, R. (2021). COVID-19 syndemic, stigmatization, and social vulnerabilities: A case of Bangladesh. Local Development & Society, 1-25. Available at:https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/26883597.2021.1952846
3. Zaman, F.(2020). Factors affecting the action situation of community development workers in disaster-prone coastal areas of Bangladesh: The need for a holistic approach. Southeast University journal of Arts and Social Sciences, 3(2), 65-86.
4. Zaman, F.,& Tasnim, S. (2021). The Nature, Prospect and Challenges of e-commerce: Experiential Evidemces from Online Shoppers of Dhaka City in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Public Administration, 29(1), 26-44. Available at: http://bjpa.bpatc.org.bd/bjpa/index.php/bjpa/article/view/265
5. Zaman, F.(2020). Understanding Social Transformation through the Eyes of Local People: A Study on Southwest Coastal Village of Bangladesh. NIU International Journal of Human Rights, 7, 224-248.
6. Hossain, K. M., & Zaman, F.(2018). Unravelling coastal people's adaptation to salinity: evidence from Bangladesh. International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development, 17(1), 70-92. Available at: https://www.inderscienceonline.com/doi/abs/10.1504/IJESD.2018.089278
7. Zaman, F., & Hossain, K. M. (2018).Factors determining people’s adoption to salinity resistant strategies in coastal agriculture of Bangladesh: An econometric analysis. Bangladesh Open University Journal of Teacher education, 5, 151-168.
8. Zaman, F.(2017). Impact of salinity on poor coastal people’s health: Evidence from two coastal villages in Bangladesh, The Journal of Asiatic Society Bangladesh, 62 (1), 1-14. Available at: http://www.asiaticsociety.org.bd/journal/1_H_952%20_Farhana.pdf
9. Zaman, F.(2016). Coping with Food Insecurities: Experiences of Coastal Women in Bangladesh. Eastern University Journal, 6(2), 43-56.
10.Zaman, F.(2017). Factors affecting food security status of the coastal households of Bangladesh: An Econometric Analysis. Jahangirnagar Economic Review, 28, 41-56.
11. Rahmatullah, M., & Zaman, F. (2014). Female Entrepreneurship in Bangladesh: Constraints, Motivation and Success. Bangladesh e-journal of Sociology, 11(2), 65-77. Available at: http://bangladeshsociology.org/5.11.2.pdf
12.Zaman, F.(2012). Bangladeshi women’s political empowerment in urban local governance. South Asia Research, 32(2), 81-101. Available at: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.1008.7853&rep=rep1&type=pdf
1. Zaman, F. (2018). Salinity: A Social Problem. In Ruby, S. (ED.). Contemporary Social Problems in India(Chapter 13, pp. 243-263, Vol II). Kolkata: Readers Service.
1. Sociology of Disaster and Vulnerability: Concepts, Perspectives, and Theories, 2021, Jagannath University Publishers
2.Social Dynamics of Salinity: Problems and Prospects inCoastal Bangladesh, 2021, Jagannath University Publishers.
Work in Progress (Book Chapter)
1. An accepted chapter in Routledge on “Does local-politics have relevance in climate action programs in India and Bangladesh? Review and discussion.”
- News Paper Articles (OP-ED):
- Time to put an end to the harassment of women, New Age, (Soft copy not available)
- When Justice itself is Violence, Published on New Age, available at http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/op-ed/9935.html
- Time to remove Inequalities, Published on New Age, available at http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/op-ed/13129.html
- Be serious about the senior citizens’ issues, Published on 11 Oct, 2011in New Nation, Available at: http://thenewnationbd.com/newsdetails.aspx?newsid=19891
- Trafficking: How to stop this modern form of slavery, Published on 1, May http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/op-ed/17145.htmlNew Age, available at
- Living in Violence, Published on 24 July, 2011 in New Age, available at http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/op-ed/27257.html
- Time to be serious about elderly issues, Published on 27 October, 2011 in New Age, available at: http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/letters/38329.html
- Female face of poverty, Published on 17 October, 2011 in New Age, Available at: http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/op-ed/37021.html
- Where a drop of drinking water is a regular crisis, available at: http://newagebd.net/104192/where-a-drop-of-drinking-water-is-a-regular-crisis/#sthash.DbM4YVsO.dpbs
- More needed beyond food availability available at: http://newagebd.net/109386/more-needed-beyond-food-availability/